New exhibition concept alongside Green Week 2015
Launch event for Allergy & Free From Show as well as
V Delicious Show from 23 until 25 January 2015
Millions of Germans suffer from allergies and follow a vegetarian or vegan diet
Berlin, 25 June 2014 - International Green Week Berlin 2015 (IGW, 16.-25.1.) has entered a new trade cooperation in order to meet the needs of many consumers for an increasingly sought-after product segment. The “Allergy & Free From“ as well as „V Delicious“ shows - both already hugely successful in England – will take place alongside the world biggest exhibition for agriculture and food. The two connected events will be open throughout the second IGW-weekend (23-25 January 2015) and will follow the established successful concept of these shows in London and Liverpool. The Allergy & Free From Show and V Delicious Show are organised by f2f events Ltd. (Great Britain).
f2f events’ Commercial and Business Development Director, David McAllister, says: “We are absolutely delighted to be launching the Allergy & Free From Show and the V Delicious Show in the German capital at such an impressive venue as Messe Berlin. If that wasn’t exciting enough, the announcement that we have secured a deal to collocate our shows with Grüne Woche, a show of such international status and significance, really is fantastic and shows how far these brands have come!”
The Allergy & Free From Show is a show for the millions of people living with allergies, coeliac disease, respiratory conditions, intolerances, skin and chemical sensitivities. The show is three days of free from heaven, packed full of tasty ‘free from’ food and drink; gorgeous skin and hair care products; beautiful ‘free from’ living gifts, inspirational cooking classes, help from leading experts and much more.
V Delicious is a vegetarian, vegan and meat reducers’ food wonderland, filled with eating, drinking and culinary entertainment, providing a fabulous gastronomic and culinary entertainment outing, where visitors can revel in their passion for vegetarian and vegan food, drink and living.
With the very best retailers, restaurants, artisan producers and big brands, visitors will be able to discover new flavours, meet the makers of wonderful produce, indulge in delicious hand-made delicacies and stock up on gifts, ingredients, goodies and products.
The events have gained official support from important associations like the German Coeliac Society (DZG e.V), the German Allergy & Asthma Association (DAAB e.V.), the German Vegetarian Society (VEBU) and ECARF - the European Centre for Allergy Research Foundation. Entrance tickets for both shows are also valid for International Green Week 2015 and, likewise, visitors to Green Week have full access to these new exhibition events.
German Allergy and Gluten Free Market Statistics
• Every third German suffers from allergies, intolerances, asthma or eczema***
• Gluten free products at a value of over €250 million were sold in 2012**
• 15% - 20% of all adults in Germany develop a lactose intolerance**
• 5 million Germans have a food allergy**
• Up to 30% of all children (10% of adults) suffer from eczema in Germany**
• 15% - 20% of Germans react to contact allergens (especially in cosmetics)**
• Sales of specialised food products are increasing by up 20% per year*
• Sales figures for gluten free products have shown a 20% growth from 2010 to 2012***
Source: * www.welt.de ** www.daab.de *** www.mintel.com
German Vegetarian and Vegan Market Statistics
• In 2013 6.88 million people in Germany were vegetarian**
• Germans spent almost €60 million on vegetarian food in 2012**
• 800,000 people in German eat only vegan*
• The retail food industry notes a continuous annual growth of 30% in sales of vegetarian part-prepared products since 2008**
• Turnover on vegan products increased by 19.4% from 2011 to 2012*
• Traders of vegan products registered an annual turnover of €232 million in 2012*
• Germany has the second highest number of vegetarians in the European Union***
• Ca.10% of German’s eat exclusively vegetarian or vegan**
www.vegane-gesellschaft.org ** www.vebu.de*** Eurispes
Contacts within the f2f events team:
Kirsten Whitehouse (Event Manager), t: +44 (0) 1727 238205,
Nadine Bevan (Sales Manager), t: +49 (0) 33631 805985,
David McAllister (Group Event Director), t: +44 (0) 1442 289 920,
Messe Berlin GmbH
Michael T. Hofer
Group Press and Public Relations Director
Deputy Press Spokesman
Dr. Christian Göke (CEO), Ingrid Maass
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Hans-Joachim Kamp
Companies Register: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 5484 B