Since 1926 – International & Unique
The 86th (95 years) International Green Week will take place in January 2021. Founded in Berlin in the Golden 20s (1926), IGW is a one-of-a-kind international exhibition of the food, agriculture and gardening industries.
Popular with consumers and trade visitors
IGW is the origin of the Global Forum for Food and Agriculture (GFFA). This is where over 80 international ministries and food producers meet – their displays reveal the fascinating world of the food and beverage industries.
Where tradition and future meet
Everyone who has been around since 1926 knows how traditions are maintained, as well as how innovations are created in order to ensure continuity. Renewable resources, organic agriculture, gardening and the future of rural development continue to gain importance at International Green Week. So come by and visit us in January, and enjoy Green Week.
We’re looking forward to your visit!
January’s media event
January in Berlin can be very cold, the perfect time for warming up at Green Week, a truly unique media event. Each year countless media providers report about the innovations and products of this Berlin-based institution. In Germany alone over 19,000 articles, 1,100 radio spots and 700 TV reports were published about last year’s IGW. Over 3,000 journalists from around 75 countries are accredited for the IGW each year.
The Green Week Experience:
- Comprehensive range of international and domestic foods and beverages
- The very finest produce
- Product markets for beer, wine and champagne, meats and sausages, seafood, teas, herbs and spices
- Agricultural and horticultural machinery and equipment, seeds and greenhouses
- Gardening supplies, breeding stock, pets and everything relating to hunting and fishing
- Kitchen appliances, kitchen fixtures and household appliances
What IGW trade visitors can expect:
- Over 1,800 exhibitors with over 100,000 products from all over the world
- 300 technical conferences
- Food industry representatives, wholesalers, retailers, caterers
- Agricultural importers
- International specialists from all fields of agriculture, forestry, horticulture and commercial fishing
- Agricultural policy and administration experts
The Davos of Agribusiness
Green Week offers an extensive supporting program
Every year more than 300 forums, seminars, conferences and committee meetings take place. Some of the events sponsored by agricultural and food industry commissions took place over a period of several days.
Highlights of the Supporting Program:
- GFFA Global Forum for Food and Agriculture
- Future Forum for Rural Development
- Biofuel Congress
In terms of agricultural policy, the importance of the exhibition is clearly demonstrated by the presence of 200 international ministers and secretaries of state.
Next year the Fresh Meat Forum professional seminar will once again focus on the latest industry issues. In addition, the food industry demonstrates the processes used to refine foods, and the retail food industry presents itself as an important link to our customers.
You can find even more good news for trade visitors here.
International Green Week 2020 - Facts and Figures
- Total area
1,880 of which 770 were international exhibitors from 72countries
400,000 of which 90,000 were trade visitors
- Rental charges
Row stand 2020 152,- to 160,- EUR/m²
Row stand 2021 152,- to 160,- EUR/m²
annually, in January
- Date of next events
15. - 24. January 2021
21. - 30. January 2022
20. - 29. January 2023
19. - 28. January 2024
Organizer of International Green Week
Messe Berlin GmbH
The German Farmers’ Association (DBV)
Federation of German Food and Drink Industries (BVE)