Since 1926 – International & Unique
The 84th International Green Week will take place in January 2019. Founded in Berlin in the Golden 20s, IGW is a one-of-a-kind international exhibition of the food, agriculture and gardening industries.
Popular with consumers and trade visitors
IGW is the origin of the Global Forum for Food and Agriculture (GFFA). This is where over 80 international ministries and food producers meet – their displays reveal the fascinating world of the food and beverage industries.
Where tradition and future meet
Everyone who has been around since 1926 knows how traditions are maintained, as well as how innovations are created in order to ensure continuity. Renewable resources, organic agriculture, gardening and the future of rural development continue to gain importance at International Green Week. So come by and visit us in January, and enjoy Green Week.
We’re looking forward to your visit!
January’s media event
January in Berlin can be very cold, the perfect time for warming up at Green Week, a truly unique media event. Each year countless media providers report about the innovations and products of this Berlin-based institution. In Germany alone over 15,000 articles, 7,300 online news items and 2,000 radio and TV reports were published about last year’s IGW. Over 5,000 journalists from around 70 countries are accredited for the IGW each year.
The Green Week Experience:
- Comprehensive range of international and domestic foods and beverages
- The very finest produce
- Product markets for beer, wine and champagne, meats and sausages, seafood, teas, herbs and spices
- Agricultural and horticultural machinery and equipment, seeds and greenhouses
- Gardening supplies, breeding stock, pets and everything relating to hunting and fishing
- Kitchen appliances, kitchen fixtures and household appliances
What IGW trade visitors can expect:
- Over 1,600 exhibitors with over 100,000 products from all over the world
- 300 technical conferences
- Food industry representatives, wholesalers, retailers, caterers
- Agricultural importers
- International specialists from all fields of agriculture, forestry, horticulture and commercial fishing
- Agricultural policy and administration experts
The Davos of Agribusiness
Green Week offers an extensive supporting program
Every year more than 300 forums, seminars, conferences and committee meetings take place. Some of the events sponsored by agricultural and food industry commissions took place over a period of several days.
Highlights of the 2018 Supporting Program:
- The 12th International Agricultural Ministers’ Conference
- The 11th Berlin Agricultural Ministers’ Summit
- The 11th International Agricultural and Food Industry Forum
- The 11th Future Forum for Rural Development
- Biofuel Congress
In terms of agricultural policy, the importance of the exhibition is clearly demonstrated by the presence of 200 international ministers and secretaries of state.
Next year the Fresh Meat Forum professional seminar will once again focus on the latest industry issues. In addition, the food industry demonstrates the processes used to refine foods, and the retail food industry presents itself as an important link to our customers.
You can find even more good news for trade visitors here.
Good reasons for participating in IGW
New potential: With around 400,000 visitors, IGW is the perfect test market for your products
Image building: Take this opportunity to strengthen your image - like the 90% exhibitors who did so
Media darling: Over 15,000 articles, 8,000 online news items, 2,000 radio and TV reports - and 20,000 Facebook fans follow and report on IGW
Industry trends: Use IGW and Berlin, a renowned trade fair location, as your trend barometer
Professional center for food producers: Present your product to registered trade visitors from the food industry
Exhibitor satisfaction: Over 80% of all exhibitors plan to attend again next year
Berlin, culinary arts capital: In addition to the trade fair, enjoy the German capital’s restaurant and food scene
International Green Week 2016: Facts and Figures
- Total area (m²):
- Total no. of exhibitors:
1,614 - of which 553 were international exhibitors from 67 countries
- Total no. of visitors:
400,000, of which 90,000 were trade visitors
- Cost of indoor space/stand (EUR/m²):
147,- to 155,-
Prices for 2018 (EUR/m²): 149,- to 157,-
annually, in January
- Date of next events:
18 - 27 January 2019
17 - 26 January 2020
Organizer of International Green Week
Messe Berlin GmbH
The German Farmers’ Association (DBV)
Federation of German Food and Drink Industries (BVE)